Dear You

Welcome to my head. What I write here is a product of instances, consequences, coincidences, and heartache. Here before you is my soul- my inner trappings. Yours truly, Her.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Presenting: 'Big Bruce' aka...



..A HUGE BIG FAT UGLY GROSS BRUISE ON MY LEFT KNEE. Geez, I've never seen a bigger bruise in my whole life. Only pictures can tell how disgustingly GROSS it is. Ick haha. On the other hand, no matter how grossed out I am by this, I am proud of it. Ironic, right? You see, my friends, let me divulge to you the cause of this beautiful...thing that I have that's restricting my movements.


Last Friday, July 25 2008, LSDC had a gig in Metro Bar in West Ave. Mr. Donut-yes, MR. DONUT, the rival donut-making company of Dunkin Donuts... you read right haha- hired us as dancers for their sales rally and we were the opening act. I cut my two classes that afternoon to go there and do blocking. [rebel on] So anyway, fyi, I already had 4 BRUISES on my left knee from breakdancing ok and so since our routine for the gig had a turn-then-drop-to-a-half-split part, those 4 bruises became..yes..ONE BIG BRUISE.

But let's not focus on the injury. It was my first official performance as part of LSDC and my fellow newbie, Gela Go, it was her second. We were the only two new members in the cast. The old members were used to performing in front of a big crowd so there was no EXTREME pressure on them. You see, there's a very big difference from the past performances that I had in highschool. This one in particular felt like... a REAL performance...like...it's hard to explain. I don't know... it felt like I had more to show. I'm not saying it like I'm all that or anything, no way, I'm far from being the best. XD haha. Ever since I got in LSDC, I was introduced to the power of dance: how it can be an instrument in showing others what God has given us and how he is working through us. I guess that made the difference, that knowledge that I can dance because of Him. And that made me believe in myself more and show what God has given me. :)

2 comments:

Nica said...

EWWWWWWWWWW.
That looks so bad. I wish I was home to whack it. cause I'm bad like that. Haha.

I SUPER MISS YOU! IM GONNA CALL YOU ON SUNDAY!!!

regalbutvintage said...

yuck dude. yuck. is this part of your training?? haha.

Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Her