Dear You

Welcome to my head. What I write here is a product of instances, consequences, coincidences, and heartache. Here before you is my soul- my inner trappings. Yours truly, Her.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Date?

Wednesday couldn't have come any sooner.

Tuesday was a blur. I felt like I was on auto-pilot and I was crouched in the deep recesses of my cockpit, being all embarrassingly giddy and excited while my body mechanically executes the usual-daily-routine-that-is-school. When have I ever felt like this? I'm sure as hell that I don't want to be one of them teenagers whose over-giddiness leads them to think that they're invincible just because they found their 'true love'. Of course, my cynicism will never leave me. It's a defense mechanism. My Paternal Parental Unit is very effective in displaying common place affections. :T I should know. But the IRONY of it all! I HOPE. I HOPE LIKE I'VE NEVER HOPED BEFORE. It's sickening! I disgust myself! I know it'll lead to nothing. For who could commit the same mistake? I'm a mess and no one would have me. [JESUS CHRIST. Now I'm PITYING myself! How low can I get??] But let's get one thing straight: true love? I am definitely on grey area when it comes to that.

Sigh.

It was lunch break and I left the SDA to accompany my blockmates to eat in some new eating place along the street.To cut the unnecessaries, Artu's gig was about to start and he was there in the 'fancy caf', as he calls it, waiting for our mutual friend to go on. I couldn't contain that disgusting giddy smile from creeping up. I couldn't help it. I was a human subject to emotional kinetics. [if there is such a term] Thus, I proceeded and left a mere ''I'm going to see my friend in the caf" for my blockmates to gnaw on. If I had told them who came, they probably would've have come along and not eaten. So I let them have their much needed nourishment. I care kasi. :P


As I walked along the hallway leading to the 'HSM' caf, questions were coming at me from an unknown insignificant place. How will you see him through the crowd? You might look dumb just standing there and looking around... What will you say?? Will he mind me at all or will his South friends entertain him and I'll be OP? Should I stay for just awhile or wait till my next class starts? What is he thinking??? By the time that last question popped up, I had found him amidst the people and greeted him with a beso. XD Soon after, we were comparing the facilites of our respected schools and battling against which one is cooler. My unease disappeared from his laidback attitude. It was a normal conversation; no awkwardness; we even had a few laughs. :)

Until Server brought up her 18th birthday party. She said that she wanted everyone to bring dates. I knew where this was headed. I heard it from Rav that morning but I didn't believe it.


"Ikat, you're taking Josue"


I couldn't bring myself to look at his reaction! My face was contorted with numerous expressions that tried to break the surface, trying to show a mask and the other flesh. I don't know if he noticed. I was too busy straightening my facade. :)) hahaha. I swear, with him around, it's like I'm more of an introvert than I have ever been in my whole life XD After what seemed like 5 minutes, the atmosphere relaxed...well, at least for me. I don't know if they sensed my tension. haha



As they say, all good things must end right? I had to tear myself away from him to attend class. Duh, I'm still responsible. However, it surprised me that he still wanted to be with me [or at least that's what I'm telling myself? hahaha] He wanted to see the classrooms. Too bad God had more things in store for me because he only reached till the 11th floor. haha. The elevator was fully loaded. He texted me after saying that I'll show him the classrooms next time. So there will be a next time? :) Sorry, can't help but smile! [Jesus, I'm such a wimp :T haha]



That's not all that made me smile, we had another conversation through sms about the 'dates' thing that Server mentioned. I said I was ok with the idea of him being my date. And he said, "Same here :)" whooooooooo! Our conversation didn't end there! We had a YM conversation that night too!



I shouldn't have this much hope in me. I'm so convinced that this won't end how I want it to end. It never ends the right way. Not with me hahahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actually, it's true everything doesn't go perfectly, and shit always happens, right? but still. carpe diem, and let that feeling in you last... foreveer. hahaha. i so get what you said when teens feel like their invincible and sooo cool whatever if they've found their true love. they can die, kidding. :D they should know better, well maybe their just tooooo deep into trying to get someone to be with them. does that even make sense? haha

Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Her