Dear You

Welcome to my head. What I write here is a product of instances, consequences, coincidences, and heartache. Here before you is my soul- my inner trappings. Yours truly, Her.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Heels Over Head

Now I'm heels over head, I'm hanging upside down- Boys Like Girls

God always sends me a saving grace to pull me out of my pit of depression and frustration. And in the back of my head, I had a gut feeling of it's arrival. It was nagging me, reminding every time my head was not filled with math problems, economic data, and cultural concepts. It was like a thought bubble suddenly inflated by some mysterious breath and expanded until it filled every nook and cranny of my consciousness. It was a good feeling. Sort of like Anticipation. Anticipation for something great.

It came that Monday afternoon. After a weekend of frustration, a deprived night of sleep, and an emotional morning, my saving grace manifested itself. As I trudged to training in La Salle Main, I saw a familiar face. Somehow, I knew it before I said the words out loud.

He was visiting his friends in Taft. I felt a pang. He said he'd tell me when he'll be visiting. I voiced my feelings in a comic way so as not to reveal any more than I should. To my relief, he was planning on a second visit. On Wednesday, he would be watching his friend's gig in SDA, my building. Whilst I was having a conversation with him physically, I was having my own conversation inside my head. He's visiting again! He'll be in my building! Adrenaline surged through my veins. It was like being replenished after a hard day's work- something I really needed. I felt like the day that had passed had been dull- black and white

...until that moment.

It seemed like, in a crowd, my eyes were searching for you. And once I did, vivid colors flood my sight, rendering everything as bright and as beautiful and worth living for as compared to the past.

2 comments:

Nica said...

Iks, shit wtf.
Why do you write so well?

I want to hear more about this. SUNDAY NOON? 12NOON?

Okay. Good.

Love,
Jane

Anonymous said...

true, God IS good. pretty perfect huh, how he came by, and all that happened. :D such a great great rush. :D

Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Her