Dear You

Welcome to my head. What I write here is a product of instances, consequences, coincidences, and heartache. Here before you is my soul- my inner trappings. Yours truly, Her.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And It All Came Crashing Down

Goes to show how life can be a bitch and slap you at the face right when you least expect it. I had so many blessings that day and so many things to be thankful for. My teachers this term are better and my schedule isn't so laidback. I got used to how things run in Street and I took a risk by making myself vulnerable to the other members. I put down my wall and shared my thoughts, my problems, my fears. Coach led Devotion and she bombarded us with questions that made me really think about my life in its entirety. What was my purpose in life? What does God want me to do? What will I be doing passionately for the next 10 years? What unique trait sets me apart from others based on my life experiences? Coach said that we all had greatness in us and that we are all unique. Each of us has a purpose and that at our young age, we should be thinking about it. We only have one lifetime.

ONE LIFETIME.

One Lifetime to discover my purpose
One Lifetime to pursue it
One Lifetime to dedicate it to

I was out in space, in the heavens, searching and conversing with divine matter, trying to find answers to Coach's questions. I'm sure I would've been a lot closer to them by now if only I wasn't abruptly pulled back into reality.


My mom quit her job.
We're selling the house.


These two things have drastic implications in my family's life. I just can't bring myself to say them because if I do, I'm scared that they might end up coming true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith, lovely college gal. =)

Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Her