Dear You

Welcome to my head. What I write here is a product of instances, consequences, coincidences, and heartache. Here before you is my soul- my inner trappings. Yours truly, Her.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Breathing Down My Neck

What can you possibly expect under this condition? Have you ever been alone in a crowded room when I'm here with you? It was me and you, and the whole town underwater and there was nothing we could do.


I wish I could turn the hands of time and take out the dagger that pierced your heart. I would have filled it up and stitched it with my bare hands. The hands that held yours that dark blue night. I would have whispered "I miss you" in return and hugged you closer under the stars, not caring that we had friends watching us. I would have called you my prince charming when you called me your sleeping beauty. I would have stayed up every night and not accidentally fall asleep on you with my cellphone in hand. I would have said that I liked you too when you whispered in my ear how much you liked me a lot on the dancefloor.


Most of all, I would've kissed you goodnight outside your car when you brought me home. And the few days after that when you surprised me with purple flowers and white roses on Valentine's Day. I would've done all these things...

if only I knew better.
If only I knew what you wanted.
If only I wasn't such a runner.
If only I paused and realized that you were willing to take it slow and not that you didn't see anything for us.
If only I didn't make excuses because I had no other way to deal.


It's too late. I let you slip away. I'm sure you've moved on. You've made your own closure. I haven't made mine...or rather found it. I saw that you emptied yourself of any feelings for me. I can't say I did the same. I've always liked you. From afar. Discreetly. I see it now. Those who came after you weren't you. It's either there's no one like you, or I haven't found the one who would outshine you and make me move one.

The one thing that crushes my heart is the fact that the only thing I can do, is just wish. Coz it's the closest to the real thing. We can't go back to the way it was. We can never be again. I know i hurt you too much. You'd never think to invest any feelings to the girl who broke your heart. You don't deserve someone like me. I agree...

But God! How I wish otherwise!! How I wish
That you weren't over me.
That last night made you think twice.
That you still liked me.

But it can never happen. Never.






But let's be friends. We skipped that part. Maybe...just maybe, we can start things up once again. But if not, I would know you better to know why.

No comments:

Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Her