Dear You

Welcome to my head. What I write here is a product of instances, consequences, coincidences, and heartache. Here before you is my soul- my inner trappings. Yours truly, Her.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dead Tired II

Finally! I have time to update you guys :)

Ok, last weekend, I had my Street teambuilding all the way in Tagaytay in our team member's house named Dona. The place that she lives in is like a compound of houses that are narrow and side-by-side. There's a guardhouse before you enter the compound. Across the street from it, there's the clubhouse with the pool, golf course, and playground.

The house is cozy and small. 3 floors. The team of 35 slept mostly in the attic while the Executive Board had rooms at the second floor. The kitchen, living room, and dining room were all downstairs. Moreover, the family of Dona owned the house next to their neighbor's house so using the bathroom won't be a problem for a team this big. Some could use the other house's bathrooms to take a bath and stuff. At the attic, there were several sofa beds and matresses laid out. The aircon wasn't working on the first night but it was alright. Tagaytay weather is cold.

Our teambuilding was full of Devotion sessions and activities that revolved around God. It brought us back to basics of Street. LSDC- La Salle Dancers For Christ. We had an Amaze-King Race. We were given a story of a King from the bible and we had to finish tasks and be the first ones to finish. Everything was really revolved on Him. Well, except for the food preparations. We were grouped and had 4 members.. Each group was assigned to a country. They were American [breakfast], Italian [lunch], Chinese [merienda], Meditteranean [dinner], Pinoy [breakfast], and lastly, Japanese [lunch] My group was assigned to the MEDITTERANEAN. We were thinking kebab but we were given only an HOUR to prepare but we needed more than that. So yeah, we had a dilemma. Plus, we had to split costs. It was literally like one of those classes of Ms. Nunez in Home Economics were she was making kwento already about the prices of the food in the palengke and such. As in, I felt like a housewife XD But it was such a good experience. My dad wanted me to take the reigns and guide the group with my ''cooking expertise''. HAH. I'm not good really. Either the food is too hilaw or too cooked...in other words burnt and hard. XD The food thing was a contest. The EB wanted it to be bongga- complete with menu, decorations, appetizer, main course, dessert, drinks, and service! WHEW! Grabe sila hahahaha. But it's all good. Super fun hahaha

Now that I've laid down some details, I shall narrate:

I had class that day from 9:20am till 4:40pm. Meet up was in Mcdo. The first car would be leaving at 5:30pm and I'd be leaving with them. The EB assigned car assignments and I was to ride with James Roy. We're buddy buddy now. He's not all that bad. Very opinionated, friendly, and articulate. I was with 2 other newbies, Jero, and Gela. Gela and I are lesbian lovers IN THEORY. hahaha! Jero has mad skillz. James and I say that coz he's so quiet and shy around street and he rarely speaks up. James took the opportunity to interview us while he was driving and we discovered a whole lotta stuff about Jero enough to say that he's got MAD SKILLZ hahaha. So anyway, Gela and I were in the same food group and we had ZERO ingredients. We got to Mcdo around 5 and left quickly to grab some stuff in Harrison. We didn't notice the time passing until Kuya Gino, our vice- company manager and Kuya RJ, our company manager, started calling and texting us. I swear, they're like a Mrs. Eala to me. I get scared when they talk to me HAHAHA. That's what I call intimidation mehn. So yeah, they told us to take a pedicab back coz they were waiting for us nalang. I texted James coz I thought he was there already waiting for us too. But pala, he wasn't there himself so we were kinda confused coz the EB had a different car assignment so we were like, why are they waiting for us pa? So anyway, we hurried back and found out that the EB left already but James arrived already. Thus, we were on our way with a roadtrip soundtrack care of James' iTouch. I should ask him for his songs. They were really good.


Stop over! Ate dinner in Jollibee with my car peeps plus Job, Martin, Trish, and Brent. Martin keeps teasing me and saying I'm a loser. hahaha. I tease him back by making an issue with Rash. they ''supposedly'' have a thing, which is all joke- products of our boredom and kalokohan. XD


Finally! We arrive! We waited for the other cars to get there and started our first Devo session. After that, freshening up and preparing for lights out. That night, the senior, junior and newbie members had a late night scary story telling session. Bonding time! We were all clumped up in one corner of the attic with our blankets around us trying to stay close and inside the circle. hahaha, you know how chilly it gets when you're part of the outside people in the circle. you get the chills XD hahahaha.

The next day, breakfast time. Had a game before the 2nd session. Bonded again with music! I swear, it was like a karaoke bar in the attic XD. James brought a guitar kasi haha.

Lunch. Then the Amaze-King Race. We were first all the way through until the second to the last task where we had to pick a key from a bowl of other keys to unlock the lock that was tying the balloon with the next clue in it from getting out. The other team caught up with us, James' team. But there were so many complications that the EB had to sit down and talk about the winner. hahaha! I swear, that game was like CONDITIONING TIMES 5. We were running from one end of the village to the clubhouse! In addition, the weather was COLD and it drizzled for sometime! WHOO, whatta race. I really ran like my life depended on it. XD To the point that after the race, I was nahihilo and I couldn't walk properly or even maintain my balance without my shins and ankles hurting HAHAHAHA


Our group went to the market in Tagaytay to buy the other ingredients we missed. For that, we missed free time and another bonding time...plus Chinese merienda haha. We were clueless about what to serve for dessert so I brought them to a bakery shop and bought the choco roll that looked meditteranean XD We just drizzled chocolate syrup and added walnuts. We cooked and prepared until alas! Meditteranean cuisine: Zuchinni soup, Greek meatballs with tomato sauce, tuna salad, and hot oven-fresh bread. :)

After dinner, another session. We were all tired and people were falling asleep. But we tried our best to stay awake. Kuya Benj surprised us a few minutes after! He followed us to tagaytay :)

And yeap, another late-night bonding session. This time with massages since our bodies were hurting from the race XD Gela, Martin, and I were the main masseus. And we didn't stay up as late since we all terribly needed rest.

And so, breakfast the next day , and Joke-pardy game which we were losing tremendously. :)) hahaha. Later, we were packing and getting ready to leave. Then lunch! Japanese! They won first by the way :| We were last HAHAHA. After that, we newbies took a shower at the other house. I was in the bathroom at the ground floor while the others were upstairs. I already stripped down to my undies but I still had my shirt on. When I looked up, tamang-tama I saw JOB LOOKING AT ME FROM THE WINDOW THAT WAS OPEN.






mother-.






He didn't see anything though. He apologized after XD OHMEHGAHD. I felt so violated in some way ahahahaha!!! but it was a funny experience for the both of us. We were like family anyway. :) So, after putting down the blinds, i took a shower, packed, then left.


Stop over again!! This time I had Pancake House! whoo!! My all-time fave golden brown waffle :D I felt like Street was such a family, eating together and laughing in KFC, taking wacky pictures...wow. I never felt so...right. And like I belonged. God put me here for a reason like Coach said. :) And so, we all left again...on our way to taft, the drop-off point. I fell asleep in James' car on the way. AND I SWEAR IT TOOK US LIKE LESS THAN 30 MINUTES. I was like...We're here already?!!? hahaha. Parang I cloesd my eyes and the next thing I know we were in Mcdo na


Before the magical weekend officially ended, we prayed before everyone went their seperate ways. We all hugged like a family. The atmosphere was just SO DIFFERENT from before. It really showed how God was with us during the weekend. :) Praise God! I give thanks :)


I thank God for giving me Street. I've grown so much in such a small span of time. Let us glorify the Lord! :) We are La Salle Dancers for Christ!!

1 comment:

Nica said...

Ikat. Your tagaytay trip seems so fun. and TIRING. The amazingr ace sounded so funny hahahahaha! And is your coach still the same? how is she so far?

Iks, I have so much to tell you. today was such a sad and lonely day. I miss you so much.

I'm crying like shit right now.

I love you iks.

Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Her