Dear You

Welcome to my head. What I write here is a product of instances, consequences, coincidences, and heartache. Here before you is my soul- my inner trappings. Yours truly, Her.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thought # 3

Nica, you know why Americans or Europeans are so large/big-boned/big? [note that I am not using the term obese] I mean, compared to us LITTLE people of the Philippines? There are biological and maybe even geographical factors at work here but here's what I think...

Well, our country for one, is a developing nation. The US and Europe are First World nations. They're RICH. They can feed their entire nation!...plus another! While we suffer amidst the graft and corruption that plagues society, we also suffer poverty. Plus, the rise of food prices is adding insult to injury! We do not have as much money as the developed nations to feed ourselves.

Thus our small and thin frame.

Thus, their tall and big frame.


I came across this idea when I was doing my paper on eating disorders. hahaha. I remembered it when I read your entry about your Safeway adventures haha.

3 comments:

Nica said...

that aint right. i posted a comment awhile ago!

but anyways. I cant wait to read your new entry. EFF. IM SO PISSED MYSELF.

Nica said...

btw, i think its also because of the processed food they have here. Everything is so artificial! - thats what I said kanina

martina said...

You know whats strange though?
people say that white carbs are worse for you than yellow/red/anyothercolor carbs... so, why are americans fatter if they keep eating potatoes and we eat rice all the time?? hmm... strange right??

i read about this girl once, she heard that yellow carbs were better than white carbs so when she was baking she put yelllow food coloring in her flour, just so that it wasnt a white carb. HAHAHA :))

sorry, i had to share. :)

Yours Truly

Yours Truly
Her